Monday, April 1, 2019

April 1 Breaking News: Another (Yawn) Big Blue world record set

Phillip Tellick was certified by Guinness World Records this morning as the 1000th person to complete a Scott International Volume One this year.

As a consequence, Bob--proprietor of the moribund Filling Spaces blog--says that he may stop tracking completed Big Blues. He went on to explain: "Filling the album is obviously no longer a challenge. I wouldn't be surprised to find someone's pet wombat has accomplished the feat." (As Bob's own Big Blue is barely 70% full, it is possible that he is out searching for a stamp collecting wombat at this very moment.)

[Coincidentally and this part is not made up, Guinness recently awarded a world record for largest stamp collection: 400 million. My guess is the organization isn't clear about the difference between collection and accumulation.]

2 comments:

John C said...

Keep at it. It should be a point of pride how your album must appear to be bursting at 60+ percent full.

Jim said...

Thanks for the post Bob. Always enjoy your perspective (and your humor). !!

Filling BB is truly a challenge, and I admire Bud's and Dilip's accomplishment even more.

These days, I try to obtain about 50 stamps per month that I don't yet have for my classical era collection. And of those, I'm lucky if 10 of them have spaces in Big Blue. !!