Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OMG! There is A New Blue International Volume 1 Blog

Fellow collector Jim has just started a new blog with the great name "Big Blue 1840-1940" and a catchy intro: "A is for Aden and Z is for Zanzibar...Now what is between? Darn if Scott knows. Fact: Scott does not provide information for what is in Big Blue, aka Scott International Volume 1 1840-1940 But that is about to change."

Jim has set himself the ambitious task of creating a guide to the contents of the Volume One. And we're not talking about just a list of Scott numbers, but also information about the country and background on the stamps themselves.

I wish Jim the best of luck with his new endeavor which will benefit all stamp collectors with an interest in the classic era.

Here's the link: http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks Bob!

I'm really enjoying the bite sized "analysis" blogs I can do for each country in Big Blue. I don't even want to think about how long this could take. :-) But as long as it is fun....

Bob said...

This is just darn splendiforous--I have to use made up words to convey how valuable it is. I'm busy adding about a thousand stamps to my collection from a newly purchased album, but when that is done, I can't wait to go through my album country by country comparing it with your analysis.

Jim said...

An update....

http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/2016/08/one-million-pageviews.html

And an appreciative thanks to the wonderful author of this blog for giving me the encouragement to start.

Thanks "a million" Bob! ;-)

Jim

Bob said...

Jim, congratulations. Well deserved.

And we are all intrigued by your statement: "And, a word to the wise who are reading this - There is going to be a major surprise and addition to the blog posts in about a month: stay tuned. ;-)"

Jim said...

One will just have to wait. ;-)

Jim said...

I am pleased to announce that Bud is posting scans and comments about his completed Big Blue (Scott International Part I 1840-1940 Album) on my blog.

Yes, all 34,700 stamp spaces are filled!

And all of Bud's Big Blue's filled pages will be scanned and shown!

It is expected that 3-8 country scans from Bud's BB will be posted every month.

http://bigblue1840-1940.blogspot.com/2016/09/buds-big-blue-introduction-and-index.html

This accomplishment would not have happened without the early and continued encouragement of Bob and his "Filling Spaces" blog.

Enjoy!